After much anticipation, we are happy to share that the Canmore Mountain Market is returning again this year as early as July 2! It will look a little different than you are used to, but the 2020 market features many of the vendors you know and love.
To ensure that the market aligns with provincial guidelines and provides a safe space for both vendors and attendees, we have made some big changes.
Here is what to expect at the 2020 market:
- *NEW location at Canmore Recreation Centre parking lot*
- *NEW market hours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.*
- Same rain or shine attitude
- Same great regional vendors with tasty produce and beautiful goods
- Limited access to ensure a safe number of attendees at the market at a time
- Limited parking
- Limited public washroom facilities.
- New sanitation protocol when entering the market
Here are some ways you can ensure you have the best 2020 market experience:
- Consider visiting during off-peak times – before 12 p.m. or after 2 p.m.
- Take active transit – walk, bike, or Roam to the market
- Be mindful that others will be waiting to get in while you shop
- Make a list of the things you need before entering the market
- Go…before you go! Expect limited available public washroom facilities.
- Remember that the Canmore Recreation Centre is not yet open to the public
- Please follow our new expectations when visiting the market during COVID-19:
- Stay at least 2 metres from others
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival
- Shop, don’t stop
- Enjoy any market foods after you’ve left the market
- Stay home if you have symptoms: coughing, sneezing, sore throat, running nose or fever