We are hiring!
Tourism Canmore Kananaskis is seeking enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about Canmore and Kananaskis and will promote experiences across Alberta. The ideal candidate is engaging, enthusiastic about travel/tourism, loves talking to and educating people, and has excellent customer service skills. We are currently looking to fill full-time Seasonal staff positions at the Travel Alberta Visitor Information Center located in Canmore. The contract runs from May 1st to either August or September 1st.
- Provide exceptional customer service to visitors from all over the world.
- Counsel and assist visitors with accurate and current information that meets their travel needs.
- Serve as an ambassador for Alberta and for Tourism Canmore Kananaskis by promoting attractions, destinations and other tourism services within the province so that visitors will maximize their spending and stay longer within the province and within the town of Canmore
- Continuously update local knowledge by maintaining a calendar of local festivals and events, checking trail, weather, avalanche and road reports.
- Assist in the completion of administrative tasks including answering calls/emails, recording and entering CMI data, reconciling daily cash, tidying and refilling brochure racks, etc.
- Conduct off-site counseling within the Canmore area at local events and nearby trailheads.
- Sell retail items such as park passes, maps, guidebooks, and locally made art.
- Help keep the VIC in a clean and organized state.
- Attend FAMs (Familiarization trips) with local adventure companies. Some previous trips have included: caving, via feratta, canyoning, river rafting, axe-throwing, and helicopter tours.
- Assist with administrative and creative tasks for Tourism Canmore Kananaskis as assigned, such as gathering info for blog posts and the website, data entry, etc.
- Report any issues or suggested improvements to the Visitor Information Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service and administrative skills.
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR certification.
- Covid vaccinations must be up to date.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams).
- Knowledge of a second language.
- Experience living in the Bow Valley (Canmore, Kananaskis, Banff, Dead Man’s Flats, Exshaw, Harvie Heights, Lac des Arcs, and Lake Louise).
- Interest, education or background in Tourism.
- Previous DEI and/or cultural awareness training.
We are looking for staff to start as of May 1st. Wages are $17.00-$19.00 per hour + commission based on experience. We also offer full health benefits after 6 months of full-time employment and lots of opportunities to experience everything Canmore and Kananaskis have to offer.
The position has no option for remote work. All applicants must already be located in the area or are planning to relocate. We do not provide staff accommodation.
Email [email protected] to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact you if you are selected.
Tourism Canmore Kananaskis is strongly committed to employment equity within our community, and to recruiting a diverse team of staff. We encourage applications from people of all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions, socio-economic standings, ages, religions, national origins, as well as veterans, individuals with disabilities, and any other applicants who identify within a societally marginalized group.