Here in Canmore, most businesses are open and ready to welcome back guests! We are hoping to keep our community and visitors safe while supporting our businesses through this difficult time. To make physical distancing easy, Main Street Canmore is now a pedestrian-only shopping experience.
Our businesses are doing their part to keep Canmore safe, so please respect their guidelines when entering their premises. Here is an overview of what to expect:
- Mask Up – It is mandatory to put on a mask in all public indoor spaces within the Town of Canmore. If you don’t have a mask already, plenty of shops in Downtown Canmore are selling reusable masks that will match your style.
- Sanitize – When entering a store be prepared to use hand sanitizer provided by the business. After you have done so, avoid touching your face! Doing this step allows safe browsing of products.
- Maximum Occupancy – Most businesses have a maximum occupancy. Some are very clearly posted on the door, at other businesses staff will let you know if it is at maximum occupancy. The maximum occupancy varies from business to business, some being as low as three people allowed at a time. Be patient, don’t be surprised if you are required to wait outside for just a few short minutes while others can finish up. The good news? There is now more space than ever in downtown Canmore!
- What’s Open? – While most businesses are open, they might have opened with limited capacity. Click here to see a list of what businesses are open and call ahead if you have questions!
- Showing Support – Most of our businesses are family operated and are among the hardest hit in Alberta. Your support in purchasing from these establishments makes a difference and is greatly appreciated.
- Reservations – With restaurants operating with limited capacity, they can fill up quickly. Our best advice is to call ahead and make a reservation.
- Respect Others – Practice physical distancing; try to maintain a 2-metre distance between yourself and others. For reference, that is the length of a bike or 6 Canmore bunnies. If you cannot maintain this distance, a mask will always help.
- Feeling Sick? – Stay home to reduce the spread and keep our communities safe! Use the Alberta self-assessment tool to help decide if you should be tested for COVID-19 and postpone your visit just a little bit. Canmore and Kananaskis are worth the wait!
- Be Informed – Click here for more information on Alberta’s relaunch strategy and here for Canmore’s relaunch strategy.